Do you want to . . .
Ø Be part of a great team?
Ø Have a career instead of a job?
Ø Be a founding member of a leading organization?
Ø Perform challenging and interesting work?
Ø Learn something new . . . every day?
Transcontinental in Fremont is a new organization created to be engaged in the
printing of newspapers. We are seeking the right enthusiastic people to become
highly effective team players with superior communication, leadership, interpersonal,
and technical aptitudes to join in this exciting start-up operation.
To perform standard electronic/electrical maintenance and repair duties following
routine procedures and specifications. Responsible to check products electrically
using standard and metrics measuring tools. Diagnose and repair electronics failures
in the system or its components. Replace defect prints and electronic parts. Tests
and calibrates production machines and related subassemblies to written and/or oral
specifications. Ensures quality and efficiency standards. Will work in a manufacturing
environment installing, repairing and testing electronic equipment.
· Qualified as an electrical engineering technician, electrical engineer or as a
practical technician with good electronics service skills.
· Working knowledge of printing presses, Sensor- and Aktor-technology is an asset
· Basic knowledge of newest Network technology (Ethernet) for communication
with process controller
· In-depth PC knowledge (Windows, Office, Linux)
· Technical appreciation of PLC machines control
· Experience with field bus systems (Interbus)
· Knowledge of modern drive technology in mechanical engineering
· Skilled in electrical measurement techniques
· Good command of both written and spoken English
· Experience in data interchange of PCs and computer-controlled devices
· Ability to understand technical drawings and print layouts.