Do you want to . . .
Ø Be part of a great team?
Ø Have a career instead of a job?
Ø Be a founding member of a leading organization?
Ø Perform challenging and interesting work?
Ø Learn something new . . . every day?
Transcontinental in Fremont is a new organization created to be engaged in the
printing of newspapers. We are seeking the right enthusiastic people to become highly
effective team players with superior communication, leadership, interpersonal, and
technical aptitudes to join in this exciting start-up operation.
To perform standard maintenance and repair duties necessary to build, install,
maintain, and repair an average variety of structures and assembles in and around the
Performs general repair and maintenance duties throughout the plant and office
facilities requiring average electrical, plumbing, carpentry, mechanical, modern
CAD-drawing, pneumatic and HVAC experience, skill and knowledge. Diagnose and
repair failures in the system and its components. Perform preventative maintenance
duties and operate a variety of machine tools, power equipment and hand tools, both
metric and standard. Work with other maintenance mechanics in the performance of
assigned duties and tasks.
· Familiar with technical function and operation mode of mechanical engineering
· Basic knowledge of computer technology
· Practical experience with printing presses is an asset, but not required
· Ability to understand technical and CAD-drawings
· Qualified as a mechanical technician, mechanical engineer or as a practical
technician is preferred, but not required
· Good command of both written and spoken English